Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Word of Advice

Today nearly half of the company I work for was laid off. It's a tough time to be planning a wedding, getting your hopes up for something spectacular and then worrying that something isn't going to pan out. I was among the fortunate ones who got to keep my job...for today. Who knows what will happen in the future.

One of my co-workers said something that touched me and made me feel a bit better about things so I thought I'd share.

During troubled times people look forward to things that bring them hope and excitement, which is what weddings do. Whether you have your wedding at a big beautiful place or in your own backyard it is a celebration of love and makes people feel good. And who would turn down free food ;) I'm reading: A Word of AdviceTweet this!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Miss Mary! Love the site - love the products. I wish *I* was getting married so that I could buy beautiful Mary-made things!!

Amazing work, as always. Fingers crossed that your job starts at one round of layoffs. The good thing is THAT industry always does well in a recession, so . . . !!